What is a Good Faith Estimate?
You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimae (GFE) explaining how much your medical care with cost you.
Under the No Surprises Act of 2022, health care providers need to give patients who don’t have insurance or who are not using insurance an estimate of the bill for medical items and services.
- You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency items or services. This includes related costs like medical tests, prescription drugs, equipment, hospital fees, and mental health services.
- Make sure your health care/Mental health provider gives you a Good Faith Estimate in writing at least 3 business day before your medical or counseling services. You can also ask your health care provider, and any other provider you choose, for a Good Faith Estimate before you schedule an appointment.
- If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute the bill.
- Make sure to save a copy or picture of your Good Faith Estimate.
- For questions or more information about your right to a Good Faith Estimate, visit www.cms.gov/nosurprises or call (800) 368-1019
I’ve never talked to anyone. I’m used to handling things on my own. Aren’t people who go to therapy weak?
Not at all. People who ask for help know when they need it and have the ability to reach out. Everyone needs help now and then. Most, if not all of our therapist are in therapy as well! There is no shame in getting the help you need to lessen your load.
How does it work? What do I have to do in sessions?
Because each person has different issues and goals for therapy, therapy will be different depending on the individual. Having an idea of what has not worked for you is really important. We are a team, and you are the captain of the ship!
How long will it take?
At Quiet Mind Therapy Services, we believe that people can get well, and do not need to be in a therapy chair forever! Recovery is possible, and we believe in a solution focused approach. It is our job to help you achieve your goals and get to the last stage of therapy, which is to do it on your own! The length of time can vary, but it will not be years and years.
I want to get the most out of therapy. What can I do to help?
We are so glad you are dedicated to getting the most out of your sessions. Your active participation and dedication is crucial to your success. After all, we only see each other for a session a week or every other week. It’s the work you do outside of our sessions that will really help you see your personal growth and development.
What is Teletherapy?
We are proud to provide Teletherapy Sessions to our clients. Telehealth therapy sessions are conducted via a HIPPA compliant videoconferencing platform. We use telehealth sessions when life gets in the way, and you can’t get to the office.